This residential renewable energy plan is sourced from 100% wind power generation. In addition, the Green Energy-12 plan lets you lock-in a fixed energy rate for 12 months with the same key benefits as Champion Energy’s traditional electricity plans. This is an ideal choice for customers looking for ways to preserve the environment, conserve natural resources and promote the growth of renewable energy infrastructure.
Understanding Green EnergyChampion Energy is able to provide green power through the purchase of an environmental trading commodity known as a renewable energy credit (REC). RECs are created when a qualified renewable energy generation facility (like a wind farm or solar array) produces electricity. They represent the added value in terms of renewable energy’s environmental benefits and costs when compared to conventional means of producing power. We buy RECs from wind farms contributing electricity to your local grid, then ‘retire’ those RECs in direct proportion to the amount of energy you consume. In this way, you can be confident that every kWh you use is helping to promote and support the continued development of green energy infrastructure in your area.
Solar Buyback Included
- Monthly credits applied for customers with solar panels that generate surplus power.
- No additional action needed, automatically applied when your panels start adding power to the grid.
- Solar credits are based on wholesale pricing, which is set by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT). See current pricing here.
- 12 months of 100% renewable energy
- Free,24/7 customer care
- Online account management
- No monthly fee
- Connect-A-Friend referral program (Earn bill credits for customer referrals)
- Automatic renewal reminders
- Sign up is simple (We handle all the details)